I've decided I need to post one thing I'm grateful for everyday.
Why? Lately I've struggled to feel happy and content with where we are in life.
It seems like I'm always waiting for things to get better for our family- the weather, Kellan's work hours, Libby's teeth to finish cutting, the house to get cleaner, school to be over so we can move to a bigger house somewhere more exciting, the kids to stop whining, Truman's schedule to be more consistent, etc. I'm constatly looking at someone else's life and wishing our family could be doing what they're doing and living where they're living.
As a result I've spent a lot of time feeling disappointed, picked-on, tired, and overwhelmed. Motherhood has been a burden. My kids are annoying and always preventing me from getting anything done. Kellan is never home enough, and when he is there is a to-do list a mile long so its hard to enjoy the time he is here.
Apparently I need help. Help to see things the way they really are, and not my imagined injustices.
So with out further ado, today I'm grateful for Sunday.
Kellan works at Macey's which is closed on Sunday. It's one of the few things I can count on. Kellan will be home all day every Sunday.
Today has been fabulous. We hid all of the last two weeks of laundry in our room that needs to be folded and just tried to enjoy our kids and our time together.
Already I feel happier.
2 comments:
LOVE this! How awesome! I look at your family and see so many blessings! You are such an awesome mom and I'm excited to read your posts!!!
This is a great idea. I have kind of been in the same slump lately. I might have to borrow the idea, if you don't mind. Love what I've seen so far!
Post a Comment