Saturday, July 3, 2010

I hate running

Well, I used to. But now, against my better judgement, I'm kinda starting to love it.

Kellan started it and has now got us both into doing crazy things like getting up at 5:00 am to run 9.3 miles on 4 non-consecutive hours of sleep (thank you Truman).

Needless to say there was a lot of grousing and cursing on my part as I shivered and wished I was back in bed instead of on the starting line this morning.

Once we started though it was awesome! We ran the same pace the whole way and reached our pathetic goal of 1 1/2 hrs. together.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. The last mile or so was about the longest of my life, but it was just really satisfying to accomplish something I never thought I'd be able to do with Kellan. I really don't think I would have done it without his optimism and encouragement.

So today I'm really grateful we were able to reach a huge goal together. I'm actually looking forward to the 1/2 marathon we're training for at the end of August!

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's great guys! I must admit, I never really liked running until last year... and I played soccer for 9 years. That's so cool that you guys ran together, especially with such little sleep. Nothing can stop the Stevens, they are incredible!