FYI-
Kellan once upon a time loved and did a pretty good impersonation of Chris Farley.
Kellan's best friend Kenny gave me a DVD of Saturday Night Live's Best of Chris Farley for my 21st birthday.
Hence today's title.
I'm going to eat some cheese now.
The last few years Kellan has worked evenings/nights and weekends, so the weekend didn't mean much to us.
We looked forward to Sunday and that's about it.
Also, with no children in school, we didn't have to go anywhere or do anything unless we felt like it.
So basically the kids and I did our thing here while Kellan did school all day. Kellan would stop by around dinner time to grab something to eat and change and be off to work. I'd feed and put the kids to bed alone, then chill out by myself until Kellan came home around 1:00 am.
That's how it was everyday weekday or weekend minus Sunday.
Will you all think I'm crazy if I kind of miss it a little bit? Not the part where Kellan's gone all day and night. Not the part where I do dinner and bedtime by myself. Not the part where I have to drag my exhausted bottom to an empty bed every night.
I miss the part where I didn't have to be anywhere at any particular time of day.
With no bus, I have to drop off Anne at 11:50am and pick her up at 2:30pm every day. So far its been fine and eveything has worked out, but suddenly it feels like every 10 min of our life is scheduled.
After having no schedule for so long (execpt for bedtime) I feel like I have to check the clock every 5 minutes and make sure I'm utilizing every minute or dinner won't happen, or the house won't get clean, or Sara won't get her share of me time, or I'll be late to pick up Anne and she'll cry and not talk to me the rest of the day (she's since forgiven me). While I've managed to get it all done this week has been exhausting.
However, I realized today that its Friday and tomorrow is Saturday. For once in our life that means something. Its been such a relief to look forward to this evening and tomorrow.
So today I'm grateful for the weekend. Its nice to look forward to it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment