Monday, July 25, 2011

Number 5!

Miles Owen Stevens
July 21, 2011
7lb 9oz
19"


So we had our baby last Thursday! Because of the prior shoulder dystocia issues I've had, my Dr. induced me at 38 weeks. We're so glad he did because our little guy was already 7lb and 9oz, and his shoulders still got a little stuck although nothing serious, hence the bruised face. We went in that morning around 5:30 and hung out until noon while they got the strep B antibiotics in me and I debated on whether or not to have them break my water and get an epidural or to try it without medicine and just slowly up the pitocin. By noon I was only at 5cm and getting impatient to just have him here so they broke my water at 12:30. My epidural was in by 1:00, I was ready to push by 1:45, and he was here at 2:03.

The kids absolutely adore him. If it weren't for him being on billi lights the last few days, I don't think he would ever get put down. You can't tell in the photo below, but Truman is especially enthralled with him and is constantly patting his head and kissing him and trying to pick him up.
We were completely surprised not only by the fact that Miles has hair, but that its so dark. It suits him perfectly and I can't get over how much I love it!


Truman trying to scoop him up as soon as we were through the door.





He is such a cuddly sweet baby! We're so happy he's here!


7 comments:

Whitney Baldwin said...

Those CHEEKS!! I want to gobble him up! Your kids are so seriously cute it kills me. Congrats again on your new little man!
PS. How do you looks so good with no sleep? It is a mystery and amazement to me.

Bonnie King Photograhy said...

You're amazing!! Congrats!!

Jamie said...

Hip hip hurray. You always look so good after having a baby. I hope I have your luck!

Rachel said...

I'm in love with those cheeks, how adorable!!! Congrats!!!!!!

tearese said...

aww, he has such a cute round face! I hope Jonah likes our baby as much as Truman likes yours. My sister just had her fourth and it was 9lb13oz. But they had told her it would be over 11lbs, and wanted her to get a c-section, so she's glad she didn't. (She'd already had one at 10lb 1oz with no problems, so I guess she didn't have any size issues.) Glad your labor went well!

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

Congrats, he is a little cutie, love his name!

Kim said...

My goodness, he is ADORABLE!! Rikki you look so great! I love the pic with all of your kiddos. Too cute!