We weren't sure we'd be able to make it to the desert this year since Kellan had work and school and had just got home from China the week before. However, the kids and I couldn't stand the thought of missing out especially since my sister and her family were going and the weather looked like it was going to be perfect.
So I loaded the van and drove the kids down Thursday night and Kellan was able to trade one of his shifts at work and drive down with my brother Friday afternoon. It seemed crazy to try to do it on my own, but it was so darn worth it. Who knows were we'll be next year so this could be the last year we can go.
Eastering was always my favorite growing up perhaps even more than Christmas. It was just perfect weather and the kids were in love with it all, I felt so happy to see them love it they way I did when I was younger.
Egg hunt. Good times.
All Anne and Sara wanted to do was ride the horses. Thankfully I have awesome brothers and cousins who were happy to oblige them.
Truman and Cort
Sara and Keith
Jaecee and Libby
Anne about 10 min. before this one freaked out a bit and threw her off. Poor girl was so proud to ride all by herself. After she brushed herself off, she was willing to get back on but only if Keith held the lead rope. Even then that's all she wanted to do.
Libby's idea of roughing it.
Easter bunny goodies!
You look lovely Keitha.
The jump. One of my favorite places ever.
Dad helping Sara hit rocks off the edge.
Dragon Ride!
Easter morning. Looking dapper.
My sweet nephew Max. He dislikes me imensely, perhaps because his mother ditches him with me from time to time, but I like to imagine I'm his favorite aunt. Ha, ha.




















1 comment:
How fun! I would love to go to the desert from Easter!
Post a Comment