Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

Our summer in Phoenix was hot! When we left Logan at the end of May it was barely getting warm enough to play outside. Then we moved and it was too hot (110-115 degrees everyday) to go outside. We had literally been cooped up inside since November. Add that to being far from home and lonely and there were some days I didn't think we were going to make it.
We were so blessed though, especially by those who had been in our situation before. One friend in particular, who was also new to the ward, took time to get to know me and invite us to their home and neighborhood pool(we didn't have one). She could have spent her summer making friends that weren't leaving in a few weeks but she knew I needed her. Our kids played together so well, and loved being with them so much! It was such a life-saver! 
Also, I was able to get some affordable swimming lessons for my kids through a lady in our ward whose daughter taught them from her pool. My kids were the whole class and she was able to do them in the evenings after Kellan got off work. I wish I had gotten a picture with their swim teacher. She was the best. By the second lesson my older girls were swimming across the pool. By the end even 3 year old Truman could jump off the diving board and swim to the side with only a bit of help.
  

Swimming with the Hookers. The last couple of weeks we were at the pool with them every Tues. and Thurs afternoon. We lived for it!



There were so many tender mercies this summer. It was a roller coaster of good and bad for sure. Our kids became such good friends and I know Kellan and I became kinder and more patient with each other and them. We learned to trust Heavenly Father more and to just take one day at a time. I know its where we needed to be this summer and I hope we make it back there again someday!


1 comment:

Hooker Family said...

Such fun pictures...and memories! I'm so glad we met and that our kids could entertain each other so well! We wouldn't complain at all if you happened to find a job close by!