Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Somebody call the Waaaaambulence!

Today was Anne's first day of Kindergarten! AHHHH! I've been freaking out for the last 6 months. I've been on the brink of tears for the last week. I've hogged this girl to myself for almost 6 years now and I am not ready to share her with the world!

In spite of all that, it was so fun to see her so excited! And I haven't cried once today, maybe next week I'll have that melt down, but today was just bittersweet. So fun and so sad for me at the same time.

Sara was pretty sad when we dropped her off. She had to run back for a final hug and kiss. Once we got home and put Libby and Truman down for a nap, she loved having alone time with Mom. I think it will be really good for both of us. She seems to need the most attention, and yet she seems like the hardest one to make time for sometimes. Today we played the Fancy Nancy game for a while and then she helped me clean up the kitchen.



Dad waited to go to work so he could walk down with us to drop her off. It was good to have him there, I needed the emotional support today.





Once we got there she took off and didn't look back. When I picked her up, she said "Oh Mom! I had a lovely time!"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh that is such a hard but awesome day!!! LOVE the pics!